Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Give up Student Council and focus on grades? Or would it benefit me more to stay on Council?

Student Council elections are coming up, and I have a guaranteed position as Deputy Prime Minister (Vice).


Yet, I've realized that. throughout my highschool career (grade 11 at the moment) my grades slowly decline as I step up in extra curricular activities, from low 90s, to mid 80s. I have been in DECA for the past 3 years, and one year being an executive. This year I'm currently Minister of Student Resources in Student Council. What I'm asking here is advice to whether or not to focus on grades more with clubs on the low side, with expected marks of around a 90. Or should I take the position as vice and make my focus around extra curricular activities, of course with the effort of trying to do good in school, without a high expectation of higher grades of course. I do have other activities also. Those being a job, Tae Kwon Do, Badminton, and possibly other clubs but with less concentration with those. What would Universities prefer, Truthfully?


Thanks a lot everyone. Johnny

Give up Student Council and focus on grades? Or would it benefit me more to stay on Council?
I'm not really sure but in my opinion you should lessen your activities...the student council is better for you than Badminton...See,you can still take badminton after you graduate whereas you can only be in the council when you are in school,obviously...its an opportunity you cannot get again after you graduate..besides the student council gives you the opportunity to strengthen or build your leadership qualities which i think is important.just try to balance school and your co-curricular activities...to answer your question, i think you should focus on your grades more with clubs on the low side, with expected marks of around a 90 or you could take your position as vice and focus on your studies at the same time and lessen your other activities such as badminton,tae kwon do and some other clubs..i hope you make the right decision.all the best.
Reply:Student-body government in highschool is farcical. The students really do not govern themselves since the principal can overrule them. It is basically a social club.





You are in high school to learn academic subject matter. Any focus on student-body government, quite simply, is a waste of your time.





Harleigh Kyson Jr.

dental implants

No comments:

Post a Comment