Friday, July 16, 2010

Schengen visa.... student visa ?? please clarify?

I have recently got 1 yr multiple entry 'Type D' study visa of Portugal. When I applied for this I had to use the "Schengen visa application form". Through internet I got to know- perhaps,


'Type D' is a category of Schengen visa for long-stay. Now I am confused-- have I got a "Schengen visa" or a "Student visa"? (On the visa in remarks it is written 'Estudo' = student). Does the applicant need to apply for schengen visa when s/he needs a student visa, tourist visa etc of one of the Schengen country? In the visa it is not written "Portugal Visa" -- rather it is written "VISTOS (title) ... valid for:: portugal". No where the 'schengen' word is written. Can I visit to other schengen states with this? Sorry I am confusef and new in this. Your information will be highly appreciated

Schengen visa.... student visa ?? please clarify?
You have a Schengen visa that is valid for study in Portugal. "Schengen" is the European territory, currently 15 countries, through which you can travel without border controls. You yourself are allowed to travel wherever you want to in those countries, but you are only allowed to stay and to study in Portugal.





It only sounds confusing when you explain it.
Reply:both are good student visa or schengen it's the same you can travel in 25 Europeans country cause there is not boarders

tooth extraction

No comments:

Post a Comment