Friday, July 16, 2010

Grad student low income assistance?

I will be starting graduate school this fall. I live with my wife and son, and because my wife stays at home to take care of my son, and I will be a full time student, we will have very little income. I will definitely be taking out student loans to pay for most of my expenses. Could I qualify for subsidized housing, food stamps, ect. while in grad school? Do the applications base acceptance off of the previous tax year income, or current projected income? Do student loans count and projected income?

Grad student low income assistance?
An idea is to check with the county welfare office in regards to the food stamps and medical insurance. It should be in the blue pages of the telephone book under state government services. Unfortunately, most places have a waiting list on public housing is pretty long or closed, so it could possibly not be a possibility. Have you tried looking into college housing because some places do have graduate student family housing units. Good luck!
Reply:Talk to your school's Financial Aid program. Go to their website or to the F.A. Office.





They can tell you for your particular school.


No comments:

Post a Comment