Thursday, August 19, 2010

Does anyone hate student teaching? For those with negative experiences only?

I am having a miserable time with student teaching. Please share your stories only if you hate student teaching also.





DO NOT respond if your student teaching is great. I have heard all these nice stories I only want to hear of someone else hates student teaching and why so I won't feel so alone.

Does anyone hate student teaching? For those with negative experiences only?
I had a horrible experience with student teaching. I walked into my assignment dressed professionally. The "master teacher" was in jeans and a sweatshirt. She basically took one look at me and asked if I could sit on the carpet with the students. I told her that I could...even in heels and a skirt...no problem! She then told me that she'd already failed several other student teachers and was not afraid to fail me too. I was moved from that teacher and placed with another. That teacher required me to be at the site 1.5 hour before school (kindergarten class), prep for 40 students (AM and PM), do tutoring during my afternoon (after my students left), then help with the PM class. The prep was all done afterschool (I stayed longer than my master teacher). Not to mention that I did all the correction of papers, etc. I could not wait for that experience to end! I hope that this helps. You are not alone. Good luck!
Reply:I tried substitute teaching one day. A few months later I ran into one of the monsters that tormented me that day in school, he was flipping steaks at a low-class joint, and later when that place closed he was last seen working at a store selling unfinished furniture. Poetic justice.


No comments:

Post a Comment