Thursday, August 19, 2010

Re-entering France after student visa expires...?

I just applied for a long-stay student visa... I got a feeling the French consulate would issue me a 4-month student visa according to the official duration of my exchange period...





I am planning to travel across Europe after my exchange... That is, getting out of France and travel in other EU countries and Switzerland etc...





After that, I have to get back to France to catch a flight home (i.e. I have gotten a two-way ticket)... Is it still possible to re-enter France --- my French student visa would have expired by then...





In addition, any Singaporeans who have visited France for a student-exchange, do share your experience with me.... Thank you!!!!

Re-entering France after student visa expires...?
You will get a Schengen visa which is valid for all EU countries except the UK and Ireland.





This means that if you travel around Europe you will not cross any border checks or get any stamps in your passport. The Schengen visa is really an EU visa and so when it expires you must leave not just France, but the EU.





Switzerland is outside the Schengen region but will join in 2008. There are passport checks on the French-Swiss border.


No comments:

Post a Comment