Thursday, August 19, 2010

Schengen visa.... student visa ?? please clarify?

I have recently got 1 yr multiple entry 'Type D' study visa of Portugal. When I applied for this I had to use the "Schengen visa application form". Through internet I got to know- perhaps,


'Type D' is a category of Schengen visa for long-stay. Now I am confused-- have I got a "Schengen visa" or a "Student visa"? (On the visa in remarks it is written 'Estudo' = student). Does the applicant need to apply for schengen visa when s/he needs a student visa, tourist visa etc of one of the Schengen country? In the visa it is not written "Portugal Visa" -- rather it is written "VISTOS (title) ... valid for:: portugal". No where the 'schengen' word is written. Can I visit to other schengen states with this? Sorry I am confusef and new in this. Your information will be highly appreciated

Schengen visa.... student visa ?? please clarify?
you have got a visa for portugal , actually I have a visa for germany , once I landed here my institute asked me to go the visa office where they gave me a visa for 1 yr of studies which was waiting in the office, I can visit schengen countries but I have to carry my passport , just like your case my visa says that its for deutscheland.
Reply:See %26lt;A HREF="http://www.visaforu.com"... and Embassy information%26lt;/A%26gt;for all countries Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment