Thursday, August 19, 2010

Meeting a PhD visiting student from asia, at my former university..why did she answer my ad?

I asked for Japanese/English language exchange in an online ad, and she responded. But being that she is a PhD student and she is actually enrolled in a college environment where there are thousands of people, i find it hard to understand why she answered me. Let's take the japanese: I'm studying it but there's a bunch of current students at university studying it too, ,so why would she want to meet a person who is not a student anymore, and who lives away from campus?. Let's look at the english side: If she's in an american university as a PhD student, wouldn't she already be good at english.? Moreover, i told her i'm not your typical outgoing/talkative american guy, i'm a quiet and hispanic person so why would she want me over the 100's of talkakative and smooth/confident males at university.





Anyways, can this relationship work? I always feel Japanese people in the usa want to meet outgoing confident Americans.

Meeting a PhD visiting student from asia, at my former university..why did she answer my ad?
dont question fate. go with it


No comments:

Post a Comment